Sunday, August 07, 2011

The Writing Challenge

21 years. That's about how long I've been getting paid to put ideas to words. So, when John Cass and I discussed a great way to garner attention from some publishers this morning, I thought I should also get my writing self in gear a little bit more.

As someone with 21+ blogs (many of which are just SEO placeholders), I thought it would be a fun experiment to write a bunch of blog posts in a short period of time. It's nothing like NaNoWriMo - the National Novel Writing Month that takes place each November. No, it's more like a Twitter reporting gig where you need to live Tweet an event.

I remember one a few years back when Joselin Mane hired me to live tweet an event at Harvard. Great time and a lot of work. He was thrilled with the result and even more amazingly, I put out a scalding 265 Tweets in just over two hours. My followers that day were a little irked I think...and they should have used something like Muuter to help block my specific missives.

But I digress.

Where I'm at right now in this pursuit is on post number seven out of 11. Or maybe it's post eight out of 11. Whatever the case, I'm closer than I was an hour ago and I still have two hours left to accomplish this task.

Oh, that post about publishers and books and links to get people's attention...that will be up over at JeffCutler.com/jeff in a little while.

Thanks John!

No comments: